Tuesday, October 30, 2012

weekend recap


Keeping super busy over here between class, physical therapy (which takes anywhere from 30 to 45 mins to get to and from), interviews (gallery trial day/interview at GX gallery for an internship tomorrow!), events (auction previews, museum visits, alumni drinks for Christie's students Thursday night!), writing papers/doing research, and staying healthy by sleeping enough and making food instead of buying sandwiches. A tad overwhelming but trying to balance, plus I wouldn't have it any other way! Here are a few things that made me smile this weekend...


^^this was the sun setting on a building


This is a piece of street art I see every day on my way to class. I thought it was witty and took a picture of it the first week I was here and just NOW got around to Google-ing it...and found out it is by Banksy!


This is the lovely salt cellar I am writing an extensive object report on...random little piece of Italian ceramics (c.1525) meant to hold salt. 


This is the park I walk through on my way to class each day - fall is here!! 


This was an NFL "fan rally" taking place outside the National Gallery in Trafalgar Square on Saturday. I went to the museum to brush up on a few things we talked about in class that week and when I walked outside I was face-to-face with a huge screen on which Tom Brady was talking...no complaints. Saw the whole New England Patriots team! (they're standing on the blue stage down front) 


And finally, Saturday night I went to east London with a few friends to this live music club/bar/stage...really fun! Phil is below and my face is painted...bartenders were painting people's faces (probably for pre-Halloween) so of course I got in on the action.






No comments:

Post a Comment