Thursday, September 20, 2012

Goodenough College

Goodenough College: my new home. 


This is the inner courtyard of London House (there are two houses like this - the other is William Goodenough House, aka Willy G's). In London House, there is a library, a Great Hall (where food is served at a very discounted rate for students), a coffee shop (can buy food here also with student ID card), a media room, mailboxes, various common rooms, a small kitchen (called a "buttery"), among other things. Everything you need, nothing more nothing less.


My room is quite cozy...


What you see is what you get...no, that closet door does not lead to another bedroom mom...

I now have internet up here on the fourth floor thanks to a new USB-Ethernet cord, my closet fits everything and having a sink in my room for the first time is wonderful. Maids will clean my room and wash my sheets every Monday. Just lovely!

My window faces a very pretty park...the prefect study spot.


Also, there is a rooftop garden right outside my door! 


Complete with a view of the courtyard below when I peek over the edge on my tip toes...


All is well! I could not ask for more wonderful people. Every single person I have met thus far has been  so friendly and everyone is astoundingly accomplished - it really is an amazing atmosphere. 

Goodenough College is more than a good enough fit for me this year. Pun intended. 




No comments:

Post a Comment