Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Camden Market

If there's one thing I'm going to particularly miss about London, its the open air markets. Portobello Road, Borough Market, Brick Lane, the Duke of York Square Food Market...they're literally everywhere. 

One market that I've run past a million times (its right along my running route on the way to the park) but never stopped at is Camden Market.



Hipster central, Camden Market is right on the edge between "East London" (aka edgy, young, urban side London) and central London. There are some interesting shops as soon as you step out of the tube...





Once inside the market, there are tons of awesome food tents/stalls.



I went for some kind of Turkish wrap with spinach, feta, veggies, and some awesome sauce of sorts...




SO yummy.

The shopping inside is a mix - the "stables" are really where its at...



some of it is cheap and pedestrian...




and some of it is really unique and interesting.

My favorite part of the stables market had all of these crazy antique stands...from silver to porcelain to old postcards to vintage trunks, there was something for everyone here.





I bought a few old prints here - they're funny and charming satirical prints about London and I'm excited to frame them.



All in all, great day and another great market find. 

No comments:

Post a Comment