Friday, November 30, 2012

Top of the Gherkin

Last week after the exhibition on the boat (Dixie Queen on the Thames), I got talking to the artist as we were cleaning up and putting away the works. I asked about other exhibitions he was doing and he told me his work was up at the top of the Gherkin and I was more than welcome to come! 

The Gherkin is that large, egg-shaped building that graces the London skyline...


Ed put us on "the list" to be able to get inside - security was worse than an airport honestly - metal detectors before we went in! And lots of questioning...I finally just said we were "friends of the artist," which worked - headed up to the top floor via 2 elevators...and this was the view!


We went at night so this is what it looked like...



and these are the chairs we sat in (haha) found this picture on the Searcy's Club website (the private club where the pictures hang)



And HERE is one of Ed Gray's works of London! 



Here is another of him painting this picture...


He was such a nice guy! Really generous of him to let my friend and I go up to see the work there and he is becoming REALLY famous (google him!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment